- Thought process involved in planning a do-it-yourself photo safari
- Timeline and resources available
- Important considerations: budget, time, permits, visas, physicl limitations, desired activities, prime times of yer to visit, etc.
- Lodging, food and transportation options
- Challenges and rewards of do-it-yourself travel
- Creative ways to document your adventure
While not on the road, Matt and Alison reside in Chicago. Matt teaches Latin, Greek and Ancient History at a private high school, while Alison teaches computer at a K-8 public school. They have been active members of Riverwoods Nature Photographic Society for the past 10 years which they credit for helping them hone their skills. You can see Matt and Alison's photography and follow their adventures on their blog, Take a Hike Photography (www.takeahikephotography.wordpress.com) Matt and Alison are also contributors to Sidewalk, a new curated online hiking magazine that helps readers discover and plan amazing hiking adventures (www.visitsidewalk.com).
Matt and Alison will be speaking at CAPS- Chicago Area Photographic School on Sunday, November 22nd.
Check out the CAPS homepage at: Home
To Register for CAPS go to: Chicago Area Photographic School (CAPS) 2015 - RegOnline